A secured loan in which the amount you can borrow is determined by the value of your item. The item of value is left with us in return for an instant cash loan for a period of 7 months without going through credit check or face any legal liabilities if the loan is not repaid. However, we have various ways to help you in getting your items back. Interest rates are payable at the time your agreement is settled. Please click here for rates and interest.
Bring your items to any of our branches along with your identification, our expert team of assessors will do all the necessary checks and then where possible you will be paid the same day. It’s that easy!
Instead of selling your most precious jewellery or watches, you have the chance to come back for them at any time. Our expert assessors will discuss with you on how much you would like to borrow and give you an valuation on the spot. When you’re happy with our quote, we can set up an agreement right away and you’ll receive your cash instantly. You will have the option of re-paying us back up to 7 months or redeem your items during or at the end of this 7 month period. You can also make partial payments; make instalments towards your lump sum or even renew your loan for another 7 month period.
- You must be 18 years of age or older
- Must reside in the UK
- Bring documentation to confirm your photographic identity such as a valid passport or your UK Driver’s Licence with photo.
- Original copy of proof of address mailed to you within the last 3 month such as a utility bill, tenancy agreement and bank or building society statement. Please click here for a list of information on acceptable identifications.
We buy and lend against jewellery from gold, silver and platinum regardless of its condition. We also lend against and buy gemstones and watches. Contact us for more information.
We will keep your items in our highly secured facilities until they are redeemed by paying the appropriate loan and interest due in full.
Our valuation will be based on the condition, purity and weight of your items, in case of watches we assess brand, model, condition, metal along with the original certificate and box. Our expert assessors are also trained in assessing diamond jewellery.
You can redeem your items at any time by paying us your outstanding balance under the pawnbroking agreement. Please note you must bring in your original contract as well as the payment.
No, you don’t have to. You can get your items back at any time.
Don’t worry! You can renew your contract for another 7 months. Simply pay us your outstanding interest and we will issue you a new contract valid for another 7 months. However, if you are still unable to pay at least the interest, please speak to a member of our staff for more information.
You must visit the branch with your existing contract to renew your loan, a new contract will be issued to you which requires your signature and therefore we would need you to show up in person.
- You can pay some money towards your main amount in order to reduce it. This way, your interest amount will decrease. However, for you to pay your main amount, you must also cover the interest due at the time of payment. Your percentage rate as well as your due date will remain the same.
- You can make a partial payment to reduce your interest amount. However, this will not reduce your main amount.
You can get your items back within 14 days from the day the loan was handed to you without giving us any reason.
No, our services are transparent and we don’t have any hidden charges.
Definitely! Paying us early will reduce the interest on your loan.
We would like to help you as much as possible. Therefore, we have set up a repayment plan to make it a little easier for you. Please speak to a member of our staff and they will be more than happy to provide this for you.
Yes, you can, however as a responsible lender we have a duty of care to you, to make sure any subsequent loans you take are affordable. Please bare in mind we may have to ask more personal questions regarding the loans. Please also note items cannot be added to a current existing loan.
If you can not redeem your property by the end of the contract term, please always contact us to discuss options as we may be able to help. However we can not find a solution that works for everybody and sadly items must be sold the following applies
- If your loan was for 75 or under the goods become the property of the company for us to sell via any means we see appropriate.
- If your loan was for over 75 you will be notified of our intention to sell and given 2 weeks notice of this, after contract expiration. Once this 2 week period has passed we are legally obliged to source the best and fairest market price. We do this via an open public auction and once goods are sold you will be notified in writing of the sale of the goods. We will then deduct from this sale price the loan, interest and any admin fees associated to the sale and any Surplus money will be yours too collect.
At RPM we pride ourselves on our honesty and as a family run company it is important to us that we treat our customers like family. We are members of the NPA (National Association of Pawnbrokers) and we are fully governed by the FCA (Financial Conduct Authority). We have a legal obligation to abide by all regulations in place and put our client’s best interests at the forefront of our minds when making any decisions and you can have confidence in your decision to use our services.
If this happens it is very important you inform us immediately, so we can put a note on the system. When you come to renew or redeem your contract, we will issue you with an Affidavit and you will need to take this along with your identification to a local solicitor to get him to witness the Affidavit and that will become the replacement legal document for your lost ticket/contract. Please be aware there is a cost for the solicitor to sign your document which can vary in price.